As I read through all the MS information on the web, I thought I would bring you some interesting tidbits (at least from my perspective as someone living with MS) from my readings:
- If interested in Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant to repair damaged neutrons in the brain, check out Newsweek from February 4th. You will find an in depth article chronicaling Richard Cohen a longtime journalist and husband of Meredith Veirra. He is currently participating in stem cell transplantation for his relapsing remitting MS. He also writes a blog under Journeyman which may be of interest to you.
- iConquer MS is for patients to be more involved with research READ MORE
- For the first time the pathological progress of MS has been mapped out and documented by the Medical University of Vienna. The study indicates the inflammatory process drives the disease. For more info about this new study you can find an article in the Lancet Neurology.
- On a fun note, the MSF Cruise for a Cause aboard the Adventurer of the Seas 2014 has ended, and planning for Alaska 2015 has begun. They sail aboard the Celebrity Solice in May. If your like me, I never knew these cruises existed. For more info just google Cruise for a Cause.
- For those with Progressive MS there is a live webcast March 4th from 2 to 3 pm. For more info look on the National MS Society web page.