The benefits of standing are multifold including:
- Pressure ulcer prevention/ skin pressure relief
- Muscle contracture management
- Lower extremity spasticity reduction
- Improved bowel and bladder function
- Standing endurance/tolerance training
- Psychological benefits such as being eye level for interpersonal interactions
- Bone density influences
- Respiratory benefits
Speak with your health care provider to determine if you will benefit from the use of a standing frame. Some insurances will cover the cost of a standing frame with appropriate justifications and documentation from your provider.
A bit about Julie...Julie Hom, MPT, NCS is a physical therapist specializing in the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis and balance and fall prevention. She is a Neurologic Certified Specialist (NCS) through the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) which is a certification confirming higher skills and knowledge with respect to neurological disorders. Click here to read more about Julie...http://www.healthcarejourney.com/read-about-our-virtual-ms-center-staff.html
Note: the information that is being provided is for "Advice Only" for individuals in California.