I use fresh grass fed ground beef from my local organic butcher, if you can’t find a local butcher that meats (get it?!) your needs try looking at http://www.eatwellguide.org/i.php?pd=Home. You should be able to find something relatively close to you. Also while you’re picking up your ground beef grab some bacon...what’s that? You say this meatloaf has bacon?
Also to keep this meatloaf Paleo I use Farmer Jim's Small Batch Tomato Ketchup, the Chipotle flavor gives a nice smoky zing to the meatloaf. Most Ketchup is not Paleo or fresh at all but here’s what Farmer Jim had to say “With every other condiment there are all kinds of creative flavors and styles on the market. With ketchup, it's all pretty much the same: a very sweet, syrupy concoction that only vaguely tastes of fresh tomatoes or anything else that might have come from the ground, Farmer Jim’s is trying to change that." If you would like to order some of Farmer Jim's amazing ketchup give him a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org Let him know how many bottles you would like and what flavors and he will ship them out to you. Right now he has Original and Chipotle but there are some interesting flavor combinations coming in the near future.
Black Garlic has also added a nice little wrinkle to this wonderloaf of goodness, but if you’re not a fan stick with the white stuff, enjoy!
2 lbs of ground beef
3 Eggs, whisked
1/2 Cup almond flour
1/2 Chopped Onion
2 Cups fresh spinach
1/2 cup of Farmer Jim’s Chipotle Ketchup
3 Pieces of your favorite bacon
1 tsp of salt
2 Cloves of Black garlic minced or 2 cloves white garlic minced
2 tbs of olive oil to sauté vegetables
1 Big wood stick or broom
- Preheat your oven to 350-degrees
- Cook 3 pieces of bacon about 2/3s of the way done and set aside.
- Sauté onions over medium heat in a saucepan with 2 tbs of olive oil just until they are see through.
- Add your spinach and garlic to the sautéed onions in the pan, cook until the spinach wilts down.
- Remove saucepan from the heat and set aside.
- Put uncooked ground beef in a mixing bowl.
- Mix your whisked eggs and almond flour together with the ground beef, when it is well mixed add all of your sautéed goodies into the beef and continue mixing until you’re happy with the consistency.
- Take about ½ of the mixture and put it into your meatloaf baking pan, lay your strips of bacon on top of the loaf and cover them with the rest of the beef mixture. If you want to cut the bacon into smaller pieces you can do that here and place them onto the loaf.
- Cover your wonder loaf in Farmer Jim’s Chipotle Ketchup and put it in the oven for 1Hr and 20 Minutes, or until your meat thermometer reaches 155 degrees.
- Remove the Meatloaf and allow it to cool for 10 or 15 minutes, this is where your wood stick or broom will be needed as you will need it to defend yourself from the rest of the people in your kitchen as you wait to slice up the wonderloaf, enjoy!
Eat Like a Warrior Today,